In 1918 it became a Prisoner of War Camp for German officers.
There appears to be no visible remains of the camp and much of the area has been built over with residential housing. However, a local field in Skipton has been identified as a potential area of interest.
During the first week of August 2016 students under the leadership of archeologists will excavate parts of the field. Coincidently (and excitingly), language students from Leeds University are currently translating a diary made by German officers at the time. This unpublished (in English) diary describes the camp and life in it from a German perspective.